We all know what happened. 7-1. Then the internet exploded with memes (as you may have guessed). Here are 10 of our favourites.
1. This pretty much sums up how every Brazilian felt at 9:45pm.
HT Brazil 0-5 Germany. #BRAvGER pic.twitter.com/6BIuPsWi4o
— Arsène's Son (@hughwizzy) July 8, 2014
2. This is as good as the Brazilian defensive line looked all night long!
7-0 Germany. The Brazilian back-four have had a nightmare... pic.twitter.com/BaU8JXAIp3
— Ladbrokes (@Ladbrokes) July 8, 2014
3. Standard German flag eating Brazilian flag. Does what it says on the tin.
Meanwhile in Germany pic.twitter.com/a8WfcF5epB — The Poke (@ThePoke) July 9, 2014
4. Seriously, when will the goals stop?!
Brazil's new flag... pic.twitter.com/iQkSxfLICO — TransferScoop (@TransferScoop) July 8, 2014
5. Ah sod it, I've had enough, I'm off.
Even Brazil's Christ the Redeemer statue is leaving now. pic.twitter.com/Ta1zDtfRVY
— GeniusFootball (@GeniusFootball) July 8, 2014
6. Well that explains it...
Somehow I just knew David would be at the heart of this... #WorldCup2014 #BRA #GER pic.twitter.com/AxVVLn3GKz — FootballFanCast.com (@FootballFanCast) July 9, 2014
7. Where the hell did I put that receipt?!
PSG's owner looking for David Luiz's receipt. #BRA pic.twitter.com/v8GGwmt033
— FutbolBible (@FutbolBible) July 8, 2014
8. Yeah you're right you did.
PSG owners after spending £50m on David Luiz... pic.twitter.com/pISKeDYG2j
— Football Funnys (@FootballFunnys) July 9, 2014